Saturday, January 19, 2008

Family Trip to The Coast


I was looking back through pictures over the summer. When Kobe was 10 months old we went on a trip up to Washington down along the coast and back up through Portland. It was so much fun. We would stay at a place until we were ready to move on and then book our next hotel room. We both had never been there. We made it there in good time, having to pull over for some breaks to give Kobe some "out of the car seat time" (facing backwards was no fun). We only had couple of plans: Go to a baseball game, hit the beach, stop at a lighthouse and go home when the funds we had saved up for were getting low. We usually aren't spontaneous people, so that made it fun!



We made it to a baseball game, which was one highlight for me. Kobe even made it to the seventh inning stretch. The people around us thought he was the best behaved and cute baby! (they had been worried when they saw us sit behind them) The only time he cried was when he was playing with a man behind us and the man suddenly screamed at the umpire for a call at home plate. Kobe busted out his lower lip and the man felt pretty bad, but we all got a giggle out of it.


We went to the Ocean, it was fun to see what Kobe thought about the sand and ocean waves. It was fun because the next thing we new Kobe was "going to town" eating the sand in his hands.
Our trip was cut short when Kobe woke up int the middle of the night with a temp of 103. We drove to the emergency room when I couldn't get the temp to stay down (did I mention Jason wasn't making fun of me at this point for packing everything: thermometer, etc)Later we found out he had an ear infection. Poor Kobe slept in my arms all night. Finally in the morning, the fever broke and medication was on board. So needless to say, we enjoyed our evening in the hotel room and ordered take-out from Olive garden that took us a half hour to find (When it was on the same block as our hotel-:) darn trees...good laughs though and we did get to drive over and see the Beautiful Portland Temple!! We ended up driving to Burley for the Fourth of July fireworks. Next day, family talked us into going camping, so we made a quick stop back in Twin Falls to pack up a tent, since we already had everything else and went camping for the weekend! all in all so fun...Glad we did it and so happy to be home.

12 comments:

Hewards said...

Looks like you guys had alot of fun. We need to take a family vaca soon too. G

Jensen Family said...

What a cute little family. What a great way to spend a vacation. I always get caught up in the planning and sometimes it is nice just to do the "no plan" thing.

Audra said...

Love the pics! I don't think I ever heard how your trip was, just that you went. How fun. We definitely need a vacation. Camping here we come...okay in a few months. :D

Anonymous said...

Ainslie! That is the COOLEST vacation idea. JJ doesn't even know what's gonna hit him. He said he'd take me on a vacation (I personally was hoping for a cruise) if I passed my NCLEX.... he he he.
I can't believe how big Kobe is! Man, last time I saw him, he was 2 months old! :) Anyway, love you lots! Shi

Branden said...

Sounds like it was a fun trip. Isn't Safeco field, where the Mariners play, the best. We love to go to games there.

Korbi said...

I think that that is the best vacation idea ever! We took Beck on a plane when he was 5 months old and everyone around us kept eyeing us and waiting for him to scream, he slept the whole time....

Walker Family said...

Hi hun this is Amber Shell now Amber Walker I found you on here today looking at starting this blogging process. I have a myspace and facebook account so this is still very new to me.... I just wanted to wish you well. Congrats on the beautiful family. Glad to see you so well!

Hugs:)

Amber

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you guys had a great vacation! And Kobe sounds like quite the little traveler. It was fun to see you over Christmas. I love your blog!! :)

Reese Family said...

Hey Ainslie!!! I found your blog through Troy and Jens' hope you don't mind me adding you! You look great and your little one is adorable too!

Reese Family said...

My little guy will be 18 months mid-Feb. He's so much fun..I love boys!
I work in a surgical unit, I used to work in intensive care before I had Taeshaun, but it was very hard on me emotionally, plus I couldn't get a day position.
I work 7am to 7:30pm. Long days, but I get 4 days off a week! It's nice! What are you doing?

John and Kassie said...

Hey Ainslie! I just found you off of Sara's blog----what a cute little family! Don't you just love vacations ---something always comes up with kids, so good thing you were prepared....sounds like us Becks pack alike!! Take care---

Reese Family said...

I used to work on this same surgical floor and needed a different challenge so I went to ICU (where I worked at a school) and worked nights for a bit until Tae was born. So they didn't give me my day shift position so I had to go back to my surgical floor. I like it for now, it works with my family schedule and I love my manager! So I will try to stay for a while longer and then find something else to challenge me.
That is the good thing about nursing, you can do so many different things.