Monday, October 12, 2009

Not so much a One year "WELL" visit....

BEFORE...
Trevor's well visit came and he suddenly started getting a runny nose two nights before. Ya, he has been a little fussy, but contributed it to his new tooth trying to come in. No temps....sooo.....it's all good. I expected sick days would come after hang'n with the family over conference weekend and birthdays. So when we went to his visit Thursday, I mentioned he had been a little more fussy then his norm, but temps and darn those teeth and runny noses. OUTCOME: The poor little guy now has 4 shots in his "health strong" legs, a cold, a new tooth coming in and ANOTHER ear infection. The doctor gave me some options: 1-hold off on giving medication and see if it clears up and see him to 4 weeks or so 2-start meds and see him in 2-3 weeks. Either way if he gets fussy for what ever reason treat him. Well Jason think why we would hold off and after he got home the next day I couldn't either (fussy was just getting worse)So Needless to say we started medication Friday night and started having temps Sunday. Doctor thinks he may have build a resistance to the amoxicillin because it has been so soon since his last ear battle. Humph...At least it's not the SWINE FLu!!! But my little guy ain't so happy, whether it's the repercussions of the shots/pain, tooth, cold....either way I think his cries say "I just don't know what YOU were thinking...I just DON'T feel good people". Hopefully in a couple of days He'll he back to feeling up to himself, and now MY COLD will go away.
AFTER...

5 comments:

Sheldon and Emily Mallory said...

I hope poor Trevor feels better :(

MJSheppard said...

First of all, love the background. I coudln't get make any of the others work so you could actually see the whole thing, so I chose this one, too!

I am so, so, so sorry for exposing your lil ones. I was sure to call first and Teig stayed clear, at least for Saturday night. I KNEW we should have stayed home. Sick babies are no fun. Maelin is starting to find her smile a couple times a day just yesterday, too.

Nik said she tested pos for swine flu but in my work I have found there are being miscommunications or I am just uneducated still about influenza A and H1N1 being the same or different. Anywho, Nik look on the bright side, Nik and the girls were out and about w/in days. That is a good thing, right?

I may as well take all the sick ones, I am not doing anything but rocking and cuddling and distracting...at some point I can't help but think what a benefit FRESH AIR would be, so we hang out with the chickens a lot. Oh great... now avian flu!! :D

Julie said...

I am so sorry to hear all that! Yes, thank heavens it isn't the swine flu! None the less life is miserable with a sick kiddo, not to mention mom's sick too. Let me know if I can help, I would gladly!

Kimberlee said...

Ains- If it makes you feel any better Jace got the swine flu just in time for his "well" visit. Lovely!

Hope lil' Trev feels better soon.

Chalet said...

Hey there...will you tell your mom hello for me. Thank her for leaving a little note. Sure enjoyed it! HOpe things are looking up for you and your kiddios!