Thursday, October 2, 2008

So Much for the "PLANNED" part...and worries...Ready or NOT "I'm HERE!"

So my plan...Go to work Sat, Sun, Mon. Break Tuesday (Rest up...heehee). Wednesday Little man coming to town. Well.....Not exactly how things went down and I was stressed about the mix up. I think either Heavenly Father had a different plan or...Ya, he had a different plan. Saturday night at work actually went smooth and to my surprise the charge nurse asked if I wanted to go home on-call. They were a little over staffed at 7pm. I was thinking I could use the money, but at this point it would be nice. I had been having "what I was pretty sure" were contraction's off and on for couple of days. (last time I didn't do anything, before being induced and I guess i'm not as in tune with myself when caring for other people). So what ended up being a 8+ hour shift came a screeching halt at 4.5 hrs. If any knows anything about nursing 4 hrs can be crazy especially with a post-op only an hour towards the end of shift. But I was actually impressed. I had everyone settled for the most part and my my post-op/all orders noted (all the headache) and my charting was all caught up!!!!Ya big deal...no actually even I was impressed. The nurse coming on was of course happy, but during report my "stomach kept hurting", or is it contraction's the nurse asked? Denial wasn't working in my favor but I kept telling myself that it wasn't a big deal. So home I went just in time to eat some spaghetti with my boys. Well it was at that point when Jason said are you all right? (apparently my pausing in between wolfing down dinner was obvious). I said I think I should start timing and see how much time is in between these babies. 5-7 MINS Huh??? That could be a problem. So after calling my wise friend and "NOW WHAT" advise, you would think I had never had a baby before. She suggested sitting down and timing them for the next half hour(at home). To make a long story short... I followed "Kim's advise" =take a shower and shaved my legs and tried to relax. truly my thoughts were maybe they will go away. NOPE, so we decided we might as well go check things out. Finally a little after 10pm we said prayers with Kobe got some things packed "just in case" and put Kobe to bed as Tiki and Jacob came over, off we went!
We snuck in through the nurses entrance in the back way and walked up the stairs (which jason said if you can take the stairs, i'm not so sure we need to be here, but we just laughed). After getting settled they check to see if I was dilated and sure enough I wasn't really surprised to see I was a "2." my contractions were 5-6 mins apart. Wow 2 more than I was with Kobe. So the IV was started (after 6 pokes-so much for "my good veins"-they were nervous too). DID I MENTION I WAS ON-CALL!!! Kinda funny, I'm sure when the PCC found out that the nurse she sent home on-call was admitted to labor and delivery that was cut short. DARN there goes MY $2. It happened to be that Dr. Allen, after all, would be doing the C-section anyway. Well, he said lets get this ball rolling, no need to be having contractions when this is scheduled!!!!THANK YOU! The anesthesiologist that I had just talked to on the floor about how nervous I was for Wednesday couldn't helped but crack a smile when he saw me 2 hrs later. The spinal wasn't too bad. Still had the shakes and some nausea, which I'm sure couldn't have been the spaghetti I had a couple of hours earlier :) With Jason dressed by my side, Sunday at 12:45 am, Our little boy came into this world!!!!!Making our boys 2 yrs and one week apart!Weighing: 7 lbs Height: 19 in long. quite a little a bit smaller then Kobe.

Things went "ok", but we were ready to go home so after hearing some lectures from the family we were still ready to go home Monday!!! The only complications that stood in the way were...THE NAME???? and the fact that he ended up having a VSD. Ventricular septal defect...aka hole (murmur). So he had an echo done, and some other things, but luckily after a prayer and some waiting we found that things will hopefully heal with time. Luckily he was asymptomatic...but it is something we need to keep an eye on for the next days/yr.

With a deep breath we finally took TREVOR DREW JONES home. He is the most precious boy. After being home for all of 30 mins., we ran to Burley to get Kobe. There is something about having my boys all home with me. Kobe had been great and loves to give Trevor kisses. He says "cool baby". He can even say baby Trevor. So here are some pictures. We really appreciate family helping out on such short notice (Tiki and Jacob your great)and all the visits at the hospital and phone calls. Boy did we have a lot of friends and family show their love!!! You are the best!!



I just love being a mom and I love and adore my husband who has been so great and supportive!!!

21 comments:

The McBride Bunch said...

WAHOO! He is absolutely perfect. And is it me-or is Trevor a mini-Kobe with looks? He is SO CUTE I cannot wait to hold him! I hope that you are doing ok and getting lots of help and use to having 2! Crazy isn't it? Call me when you can!
Love you!
Lisa

The Ostheds said...

Congrats! I am glad that you didn't have to wait any longer even though it was not what you planned on! He is so darling and I love the name!

Miranda said...

Yaaaaaaay! He is so beautiful! YOU are so beautiful! I'm very excited for you and your family.

Ben and Sara said...

He is so cute!! Newborn babies are the best!! I hope you are recovering quickly, you look really good in the pictures. Sounds like Kobe already loves being a big brother. Good luck with everything!

Unknown said...

Ains...can I first say that you look GREAT! Are you kidding me, you just had a baby and look how fabulous you look! Anyways, little baby Trevor, He is just so precious and adorable and tiny and sweet...Congrats and good luck!

Jaime said...

Congrats! He's so cute. :) You look wonderful. Good luck and of course, keep us posted.

Shine said...

Oh Ains~ I'm SOOO glad everything turned out (pretty good actually, huh?). He is awesome! And I must say, you make some stunningly handsome babies. I LOVE the name too! Andy was almost a Drew too. :) Wish I could be there to see him! Love you much though! Congratulations!!!!!!

Kali Jo said...

HOLY CRAP YOU LOOK SO GOOD! That is such a cute baby too! congrats. i'm glad that it all worked out!

Sage Hanks said...

Congrats!!! I am so happy for you but now I am bummed I don't get to see you guys as much. Playing with Kobe and giving him lots of candy was the best part! Trevor is adorable!

Reese Family said...

Congrats Ainslie! He's adorable and to have two little boys is aweseome! I hope someday to finish my family with brothers! :)
Take care and enjoy that time off work!!! :)

Walker Family said...

He is so beautiful guys congrats! Glad all is well and I wish you well on this amazing journey with your new little man!

Kimberlee said...

Ains- I have left two comments but obviously they go lost out there is cyberspace! He is adorable and you look beautiful. I don't believe you just had a baby! What a cute little family.

Anonymous said...

You look fantastic!! Trevor is adorable and yeah for being able to work for a little bit before you had Trevor!! Congrats to you all!!

Shane, Rahndi, Levi and Olivia said...

He is so cute!! and you Look Great! I hope that I look that good after Number #2.

CAINS said...

Congrats!!! He is so beautiful!! Good work you guys!

Brianne said...

congrats!! he is adorable.

John and Kassie said...

Congrats---what a cutie! You will love having two boys together---tons of fun!!!

Audra said...

Ains! He's beautiful! Congrats you guys. So much for plans huh? God has a plan for us even if it doesn't match up with our plans. Give me a call when you get a chance I don't want to disturb you when you're sleeping or something. :D

Jensen Family said...

Congrats! And I must say how fabulous you look for just having a baby!

Wendell Shantala said...

Congrats
He is so cute I am so glad all went well for you. You look great for just having a baby. Gotta love new babies.

Branden said...

Congratulations on boy #2, that's awesome to hear that all is going well. He's a cutie.