Wednesday, January 7, 2009

loving resolutions....what resolutions?

A person may think...Do I really want to stay up just to say "Happy New Year" to only crash in bed minutes later! You bet. Half the fun is seeing who can actually make it to midnight. Ben and Nikki, as usual, through a great party. Firebug Ben had a load of fireworks that Jason helped supervise :) kobe actually enjoyed them this year. Nikki had everyone do "poppers" every hour to count down. Kobe loved playing with these magnets that Santa Brought Hannah and Sara. I wish I knew where she got them. too cool! Then with both boys wide awake at midnight, we cheered in the new year, smooched a little (suddenly Jason is shy in this category but as you can see in the bottom of the picture Kobe wanted in on ;), and hoped the boys would fall asleep on the way to my mom's house. Which they didn't, or did they? Due to my fried eyeballs and frazzzzzzelled brain, I can't really remember. I do remember that I was tired. What's new!
Trevor did manage to work in a quick nap, so he could make it. We were suppose to write down our resolution down on paper and then open them up next year...the problem was that I enjoy so many of my problems:) ****LISA****you may appreciate this one :) I love my sister's resolution...She is a proud recovering caffeine junky of one year and her resolution is to DRINK MORE CAFFEINE. Got to love some people's creativity. If and when I decide on mine, I'll let you know. I'm still debating which is "really" important. Jason's as always is to NOT make a resolution. But I'm sure deep down it is to go hunting more. We hope your year is full of some NOT SO GOOD MEMORIES...BUT GREAT ONES!!!

4 comments:

The McBride Bunch said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! I am guessing this was Mel's? I hope she keeps it this time ;0). Tell her I can help her with this one if she needs me too! Mine is to not drink so much this year. I did good for about 5 months and then BAM-it hit and I can't stop again! I have tried switching to Diet however-not goign so good! YUCK!
Love you

Shine said...

Lol. Man Ainslie, I wish we lived closer! I kinda miss you! :) Trevor is sure growing fast, handsome little kiddo. Sounds like your New Years Eve was fun! We're so boring, we were both in bed and asleep before about 11:00 pm! :)
Happy New Year!

CAINS said...

Resolutions are a funny thing! I swear, they are made to be broken! It is funny that as we grow older, the New Year is not quite what it used to be. I was in bed at 8 and woke up to our neighbors lighting fireworks off, I was ready to call the cops until I remembered it was the New Year. I'm such an old fogie!
PS I am going to be coming to you from now on for Sunbeam ideas, so get ready!

Unknown said...

Oh roomie I miss you! You look amazing and gorgeous and your fam is so cute! Happy New Year!