Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I SAID "SAY CHEESE,SMILE, AND HOLD STILL!!!"

Well Christmas turned out great despite the flawed Christmas ideas. We were needing a picture of the boys together. I don't know how many times we have tried to get a good one, but I think Kobe now HATES pictures. Kobe if you smile "Just once" (we all know that's a lie)then you can....watch a movie, have candy, stay up late (it's already 1030 at night), you see "the boys" (duh mom I know we're already planning on going)...and many more bribes that shouldn't been written :) Well despite the tears, funny faces, and sudden obsession with having a foot in the picture, we did get some pictures. When I went to pick up the pictures the first thing Kobe said was "Kobe naughty." Ohhhhh wonderful memories.




Well despite the Grumbling fact that I headed back to work the week of Christmas, there were some cherished memories over the Christmas... giving My mom a present half-way done (don't even get me started), Kobe's new diagnosis of hypothyroidism (we didn't know this until we found he had gotten into some of PAPA's pills) CAN I SAY FREAK US OUT, luckily after counting over 300 pills mixed with aspirin we believe he didn't take any, YES I did call poison control just to see what they would say. Which brings me to my next favored memory...Jason being prompted to go Check on him and LISTENED. It was great to have GG and PAPA back from Arizona. Kobe had a blast making a CHOO CHOO train with Aunt Megan (your the best. Then my sista MEl had a special Christmas ending to the night followed by a share of traditions from my mom. Each family got a special book and read it together and got blankets to wrap our baby Jesus in a manger.(how many people can say they have a live size manger and baby Jesus.OHHH you would be jealous if you say it. We were so happy to have Grandpa joe and Grandma Gwen with us. They even followed us home in the poor weather (we debated which of the worst to take. I think after seeing Santa somewhere in a huge snow bank stuck, we decided to go the other way which took us arriving at 1 AM. Fun was had by all. I even ended up coming home on-call the last half of work. Although it took me 2 hours to finish charting before I could leave. ALL in ALL what wonderful blessings and memories. we hope you all had a great CHRISTmas!

6 comments:

Kali Jo said...

you are so lucky to have your family close enough to visit. I am too but it'sneat tohear how nuch you love having them around!
Kali Jo

The McBride Bunch said...

So cute. It looks like you had a good Chrismtas and I am glad that everyone is save and happy and healthy (little stinker Kob!)!
love and miss you!
Lis

Stacy J said...

Sounds like you had a great Christmas! It was fun having Jason, Kobi and Trevor over for games! Happy 2009

Kimberlee said...

That last little picture of Trevor is so cute. Glad your Christmas was great.

Jaime said...

Well, I think the pictures are great! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas.

Wendell Shantala said...

Hey thank you for the happy birthday. Your boys are so cute. I hope that work goes well for you. I am glad that you had a great christmas love ya