Wednesday, December 10, 2008

my mom's the bomb

So this year it was my parents' turn to have us at her house for Thanksgiving. She really lucked out on having everyone there this year. LUCKYYYYY....We'll she really out did herself. everyone and I mean everyone (little kids and all) ate on her best CHINA and glasses. Can you say SHATTER!!! Either she is getting older AND has lost her mind or she is the coolest grandma ever, making everyone feel special. Never failing, the table was beautifully decorated. This year there was even a table set up in the living room to make room for everyone, including extended family. But the thing that made things special was the eight DIFFERENT Thanksgiving cross stitched pillows. SOOOO CUTE.

Because they were a hit, I may have been the first one there, but was one of the last to choose. Good thing they were ALL CUTE and priceless. You could tell she had done tons of work on them. Then we had to place a leaf on the garland with something written of what we were thankful for.


Of course, because we were all there we had to have pictures.

The one pictured is one with my bros and sistas.

We had one with all the grand kids. Kobe was such a Great sport, I had to hold his resentful crying face up and hide behind him just to get him in the picture.Some times he takes after the JONES BOYS! OF course, We had to have a picture with TOM the TURKEY.
Because we came the night before for a sleep over Kobe tried to help Grandma with the pies!!!Sooo...he ate more then he rolled but I think he has potential to be a future chef.
I'm so thankful we were all able to be together. the Food was fabtabulous and there was only on spilled drink on the nice table cloth. Leave it up to an ADULT :) My mom is truly the best. She makes things so memorable and always goes the extra. Did I mention my dad is great too :) Nothing is better in the world then family and knowing we can be together forever!!!

3 comments:

Kimberlee said...

So that's where you get your talent. From your mama!

Audra said...

Looks like a great Thanksgiving!

Stacy J said...

What an awesome blog! You are seriously hilarious! What a fun family! So glad you are in the ward!!