Tuesday, January 26, 2010

make things simple...

Have you ever looked back at your day laugh and go humph!

***Today I watched The cutting edge 3. The movie is probably 1hr 30mins long but it took over 3hrs to watch. I kept looking ...only 20mins left yet I hit pause probably 5,000,000 times.
***Built a train track that I knew wouldn't last long without Kobe yelling at Trevor to "stop it", "don't go that way", Trevor is ruining it" etc...Yet there was moments of smiles and playing together....I said MOMENTS!
***Folded the laundry from Monday and did dishes only to see more in the sink minutes later...TWO things you can NEVER be done with.
*** Changed Trevor's bum 1,2,3,4.....times. Thankful we finally have one out of diapers!
***Wrote a letter to one girl we just can't seem to meet up with visiting teaching. Making a hundred of pen correction from the hundred of interruptions from the kiddos.
***Listened to Kobe's hundred of excuses/distractions for not finishing his lunch...
"i have to go check on trevor"...(after going to get him) "i'm going to race back fast"(first 3 attempts weren't fast enough so it repeat tell my head almost popped)
...Then the imagination kicks in and I have to keep guessing what he has folded in his paper...Then he spills his drink not once but three times. You would think it would have only taken once but some how it still had some in it....Then he had to dance to the music that was playing from the computer (I have now moved to the kitchen table to make sure he didn't leave his seat). Needless to say it is amazing how long it takes to eat MINI CORN DOGs!!!
***Colored pictures. You remember when in the Sunday paper they had a fun page and in the color page you had to find the hidden items. I had one printed friend the FRIEND and Kobe didn't quite get it but had fun coloring it after I pointed the items out.
***Hide in a "spider tent" that Kobe built in my room with all the things I had just put away. At least the ghost didn't find us! At first he called it his "train thingamigger"
***Stood up to blog because Trevor wouldn't stop screaming or climbing my legs to get on my lap to push the buttons on the computer. His cheesy smile only melted my heart for split second to helped him to be lifted to my lap only to touch a button in the first two seconds to only be placed back onto the ground!
***Finally headed off to get Trevor in the bathtub after he decided to make his chocolate pudding into his version of chocolate Hair Moose!! ...as I leave Kobe at the table who is STILL trying to finish his 2 Mini corn dogs that apparently make really good "crashin cars". Only to see Trevor snag one on the way to the tub...Some day he'll make Kobe pay up for helping out. What do you do?????
LAUGH!!!

6 comments:

Julie said...

Life would be so boring without our little monkey's...right? Oh you make me laugh, I love ya! Have a great day!!!

Audra said...

Your boys are getting so big. Myelle does the same thing with eating. It drives me batty. :) We really need to come visit you. After Erick is done with his tech class we should be able to make a trip.

MJSheppard said...

Well at least you CONSIDER laughing as an option. You are such an example to me. Laughing is seldom, if ever, in the equasion. I will do better, just watch me!!!

P.S. Shall we book that room today?

Kali Jo said...

THE CRAZY THING IS THAT WE DEAL WITH IT ALL DAY EVERY DAY AND THEN DADDY GETS HOME AND IS TOO TIRED TO DEAL WITH IT FOR 0NE HOUR BEFORE BEDTIME. AHHRRGGGH!!!!!!!! I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND YOU!. MY DAY WAS JUST LIKE IT!

Wendell Shantala said...

Don't you just love being a mom!! I do!!

Auntie Gwen said...

If those little smiles and eyes don't mellow you out nothing will. I think it is very creative to play cars with hot dogs. It will just be tomorrow when they are gone and saying my boys are the busy bodies of America. (JUST LIKE I WAS)gg