Friday, May 21, 2010

WHEN HOPE IS ALMOST GONE......

So it's not unusual for me to "misplace" my keys. I swear THEY have a tendency of running off on me, it totally has nothing to do with me!! :)

Last SATURDAY!!! Jason and I actually went on a date. Shocking....I know the rest of you go weekly with your hubbies... It was a nice evening, dinner and movie with no interruptions of crying, rassling, "your turn"....Nice. Boys where mostly in bed when we got home. Next day, Sunday, we woke up and had to drive two different vehicles and to no surprise i couldn't find my keys right away = so i borrowed jason. I usually don't worry because with little time i find them. Well SIX DAYS LATER I think to myself HUH I THINK YOU REALLY LOST YOUR KEYS!!! Jason and I having been turing the house inside out. I had just had my keys at 3 hours prior to us leaving on date and I didn't take them with. We checked with the babysitter. NOPE! I asked Kobe cause he is good at finding things and he was like DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALK'N ABOUT CRAZY LADY. Jason was sure the boys had done something with them. So to all their hiding spots we went. I felt guilty thinking maybe I really did put them down somethwhere funny and here the boys are getting the blame. So away we have looked for 6 days mind you SIX DAYS! Behind and inside couches, sand box, every place we could think. I started reorganized my closet space. It's actually been a busy week so with little chance i had I've looked. I even tried the praying for a fantastic inspiring dream that would magically "show me the WAY". Nope, Heavenly Father doesn't send dreams anymore or ever to me now that I think about it.
So today I finally decided to clean Kobe's room which for 90% of time is clean but has been a disaster the past 3 days cause he decided to get everything out of his closet and throw it up in the air to see how much ground he could actually cover. Which i must say he did really well, only leaving a little trail to his bed.
So As I woke with Trevor at 6:45 (Did I mention I worked till the wee hours of the morning) With the worst migraine and nausea, After deciding that the Excedrines finally kicked 3 hours later, I could actually move.
What better thing to do then attack KOBE's room before anyone actually sees it. So as I am on my hands and knees next to his drawers is see this...

What in the world...I new instantly... I yelled for Kobe..."I FOUND MY KEYS" He came running in. "Look where Trevor hid them" "No mom I hid them there, isn't it funny" The look on my face must had struck a cord because he started hugging and kissing me saying "I love you mom!" "Kobe you know I have been looking for them." More hugs and kisses and off he went!!!
I text Jason and he said the funny thing was he looked in those drawers last night. What are the odds that I would be 2 inches away and see one key peaking through the only drawer with a crack that we really don't open cause it has clothes he's not into yet. I mean really they could have just stayed hiding and snugged against clothes rather then be abuse by being shoved into a key hole all day.

Oh how grateful I am. I'm sure Heavenly Father said, "ok busy week, rough morning and I think she has cleaned enough....Today is the day, lets see if she pays attention"!!!

GOOD ONE!!!Thank you thank you Self and to those with on-high connections for me FINALLY FINDING MY KEYS! now all I need is a beeper/alarm button on them!

3 comments:

MJSheppard said...

My vote is definitely for an ALARM, pager, beeper, thing-a-mijjiger..unless of course you can get the ones that actually send an automated text to your cell phone that says something like, "Uh...did you REALLY mean to drop me behind the toilet?"

P.S. You GOTTA show me how to do that picture-effects!!!! Next trip maybe a tutorial. I will pay for the tutoring to add to the "solution fund" for your key situation. :D XOX

Kali Jo said...

in reply to your question on my blog. We are doing "get a grip" to the rod. They are even doing a way awesome reinactment of the dream with the whole stake. the tree is covered in about 5,000 lights and there are tempteres and the whole bit, hopefully it will be recieved wel and not freak out anyone. i'll update you when i get back!

Chalet said...

I need your email address so I can send you an invite. We have decided to go private.