Friday, May 1, 2009

AH.....Thank you?!

A few things I have noticed when driving home at 1 in the morning is TWO things: #1 there are a Lot of cops on the road #2 There are a lot the cops on the road. Jason made the comment one time to me, "you just notice them cause no one else is on the road" So with this in mind. I make a conscious decision to make an exaggerated stop at the Maverick light that is at this point blinking red and to set my Cruise on 35 then to 45 when it changes around the bend. So tonight I was totally caught off guard when I was driving home and noticed this car coming fast behind me. I thought how fast is the "smart idiot going" looking down to see I was going maybe max 36....oooohhh rebel I know. Well the idiot behind suddenly turned on their lights...huhhhh. Normally a person at this point would start to sweat and replay the last mile and a half of what you could have done wrong....well instead i was still thinking what the heck? hence why I am blogging this right after getting home at 1 a.m. and not in bed. I'm still bugged and the fact Trevor will be due to eat soon. anyhoo so I pull over, note to self I have been pulled over maybe twice before and no ticket so I almost didn't know if I even pulled over right? if there is such a thing. The "officer" comes up and said I had you going 40. 40!!!!wow 1# I was always told from my responsible siblings that 5 over was ok :) 2# I started to say...I looked and I was only going 35. His comment...."seriously I had you at 40 and you crossed the white line twice." (HUH? I wasn't sure he was following me) he asked if I was feeling o.k.? (a.k.a. have you been sniffing the alcohol wipes at work :) He asked what the speed limit was. I answered to much. 35 and right up there it changes to 45 and back there the light was blinking red. anyway he asked for my license and registration. which leads me to my first reason for being thankful...#1the fact I even had it with me. I usually leave my purse at home when I work. I always think if I get pulled over I have my number memorized and the exp. date...that works right? :) So I undo my seat belt and thankfully #2 licence and registration are right on top and current. So he comes back and said make sure you stay in the lines and drive the speed limit. I said I usually set the Cruise because of the high protrolled area and as he walks off he said, " and make sure to buckle up." I said I undid it to get the registration. I should have gotten a ticket for "shut up Ainslie and smile at the sweet cop and bat those eyelashes and say thank you for your concern" but instead I still thought "what in the ....did I get pulled over for. So this is were my next reason for Thank yous is: #3--No ticket. I thought later I should have told him thank you, I guess. I know there are days when you can't honestly say whether the light you drove through was really green because you were out of it or the fact the car in front of you went...but today...was definitely NOT one of those days. Thankful #4 :Thanks Heavenly Father for that simple answer to a prayer I say before I go to work. Crazy....I guess things happen for a reason....

And because I think every post needs a pic and I wasn't about to ask to officer for a picture... instead I went with Trevors' thoughts on the subject if he had been there

7 comments:

The McBride Bunch said...

Oh, I SO needed a laugh this morning. And my first thoughts were..."she posted this 6 hours ago? That was at 2am! What in the world?" I don't mean that I am laughing at you for getting pulled over but for laughing at your post :). You wonder if the cops in the morning have to pull someone over just to keep themselves awake. That would freak me out getting pulled over that early in the morning. I would be one of those people you barely crack my window down and immediately ask to see their sheriff's badge :). Hope you got some sleep and yes, too bad Trevor wasn't there to give him that tongue!

Shine said...

Oh my gosh that Trevor is so handsome with his big blue eyes! For the record, I've noticed the same thing over here in Blackfoot. And I've been pulled over also. The "officer's" reason? I target nurses. No, for real though, he said it was because my license plate was not visible (hmmmm... maybe because it was freakin' snowing!). I think they just get bored and like to give tired, overworked nurses heart attacks.... because we obviously haven't seen enough of the hospital yet. Tshhhh! At least you didn't get a ticket. That woulda REALLY just been.....oooooooo!

Unknown said...

As soon as you started this post I knew where it was heading... while I have never had the pleasure of being pulled over by one of the many cops patrolling our route home from work in the middle of the night (and you can tell Jason, no it's not just you, I vouch to that fact as well they seem to congregate in that area!) I have known many a people who have been pulled over in said area or along Addison on their way to or from work in the middle of the night when they get called in. In all the instances they seem to get the same mind boggling explanations of why they were pulled over (speeding when they weren't, crossing the line, etc) with some question about "what are you doing out at this time?" (i.e. they're thinking you must be drunk or stoned if you're driving around during this time of morning) I've never heard of one who's actually gotten a ticket so you know they're totally pulling you over to see if you're drunk. I mean c'mon let's pick on the nurses who are busy taking care of the sick people at unruly times when everybody else in the world is happily oblivious in their beds asleep. They really need to go find some drunk drivers or something to pick on instead! Leave the nurses alone!! :)

The Bailey's said...

Oh he is so cute, ok I totally got pulled over for crossing the white line really early in the AM and I swear that I didnt. That stinks that you got pulled over, did you tell him that you were a RN and work the swing shift? Anyways some officers think they are the higher power. I cleaned ones teeth the other day he was such a smart-A. I just dished it right back. I am glad that you didnt get a ticket!

Unknown said...

Are you kidding me?!! What a lame cop! Well you are a pretty suspicious looking person... but I am glad you drove away without a ticket!

Kali Jo said...

My husband I i got pulled over after we ate at the Green T (next to the bar, not in the bar) He asked Aaron what he had been drinking and Aaron said,"uh coke" The cop looked in and saw our tiny baby buckled in the back and then looked at our truck. He took Aaron's license and went to his car. When he came back he said he pulled us over because the ball on the hitch was in the wrong spot. Uh ok, Those darn law breaking auto manufacturers just don't know what they are doing. Now the cops on the other hand definitly do.
So glad you didn't get a ticket Ains. I wouldn't have been able to keep my mouth shut either. You go girl!!

MJSheppard said...

Well, I think cops have been dissed enough. I can only assume none of you "nurses" work in the ER. ER nurses would call cops to the area to pick up patient who swear they have a "driver" to get their narcotics, and seem to vanish, miraculously healed.

Other than that, I would have sick'ed Jeff on him. Or even DAD!!! You wanna see how can out talk themselves... What a guy otta do...yourself for the next hr and a half. :) Me luvs you more!