Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Jensen Reunion Hoe Down!

This year was a blast at the reunion...that was despite the fact I was sick with a nasty cold and still wandering when it will go AWAY! Which made me inches away from a Kleenex and DayQual/ Sudafed PE (alternating didn't seem to help any)and minutes away from the comment "Are you sick?" (..not that the frog coming out of my throat gave it away or my Mentholatum shiny nose...."NOPE....I just sudden found my lost Kleenex twisted up my nose....here's your sign!")
My mom and Aunt Deeanne always has a theme filled day set up. After we snagged a picture with the pumpkins and scarecrow, all the cousins/families piled on 3- trailer hay ride, pulled by Jeff's Bombardier AKA four-wheeler. As we were taking off it was hilarious to watch the campers around us sneeking pictures of us on their cell phones. Not sure if it was the crazy company waving and singing at passers or the fact you usually DON'T see that sort of things in the mountains or the combination. The "plan" was to ride around to different camp sites, but within the first 5 mins into the downhill part of the ride too much pressure on the hitch of the first trailer made for 90% of the party being dumped off to the side of the rode with 2 trailers and long awaited "come back and get's ya ride"


I'm not sure what was more memorable: Some of the same campers smiling at us and their random comments made as they squeezed passed our unhitched trailers with us still waving at them driving by us this time, or the woman on a fourwheeler that stopped with TWO other friends on fourwheelers...to see what we were needing...Melissa said "We're just look'n for three other fourwheelers to help pull us back" Funny thing was they just pulled away, but I was rolling when Melissa said "Let us know when you see any" or my ultimate favorite was My Aunt Dee's comment, "I will stay until the very end till everyone has been taken back!!!!" (kinda like the captain staying with his sinking ship).....that is until she saw some of the family(95%) deciding to trudge it up hill back to camp on foot, suddenly the rest of the crew was suddenly FORGOTTEN. Melissa and I couldn't help but laugh as we yelled "so much for the last of the Mohicans." My cousin Bob came to the rescue after walking back to camp. He came strolling in as night in shining armor (ok it more like a man in a shiny van) hitched up the remaing 10 TROOPERS who wanted the hay ride....which Kobe loved! I think it was hoe down music serenading us from the van as we drove around the rest of the camps on the way back!

The "farmers mercantile" was filled with corn, carrots, a "give and GRAB" (not so much giving as there was GRABBING AND CRYING), tools, crafts, hand-made camo carving/aprons for the kids, sunflower candles, hand-border towels....and on and on ......




My cards were finally completed to give away at the women exchange. How fun it is to see what others have done and stressful to hand yours out. Some cards were passed out in "race car" fashion to avoid any embarrassment. You could have cutest card but still feel like a dork!....My card theme...WISH!

The "grab, root, growl" dinner was just that and the evening entertainment had everyone rolling in the dirt! I tell you, some of my cousins are talented, funny and others are down right hilarious! After the talent portion was down, Ken jammed up his sound system and drums for some country swinging and line dancing (i'm just sure our neighbors loved that :) Luck and unlucky for us the kids were asleep in the trailer. Kobe missed out on all the fun going to bed at 7:30 (like that EVER happens)Trevor was a little trooper but soon retired too, which made it so Jason and I could squeeze in a dance or two.

The Gamers were busy yelling TWO TWO TWO, ONE ONE ONE (translation ...PIT), While the rest of us just spent the night talking by the campfire.


Kobe had one the best dirty faces ever. He couldn't seem to get enough of the rides with the bike, painting, and playing with "his friends". Poor Trevors' fun came to a stop and tears begin to pour as poor mom put a stop to the dirt party. He was going to town, but when the dirt went flying and in the mouth....HEY it was FIRST day of camping WITHOUT showers! So the rest of his time was spent in the camper, play pin, on my back, or in someones coveted arms!!! For his first reunion it wasn't too bad. Despite our first 30 mins there with Trevor spilling out the trailer's screen door, down the two flights of stairs, onto his head.



Sunday we gathered for a "mountain version" of Church...which turned out to be a great devotional. We each got carved wooden heart from Uncle Max as a reminder!

It seems now that we are home Trevor has decided to really take off walking. Did I mention he also decide to pop out his first tooth in the mountains.

Time came and went too fast. Some projects are still in the working. I'm still working on a sewing projects Mom gave out, but boy does My mom and her sister really go out of their way coming up with memorable themes that just leave you in awe! It is one more reunion that will leave many memories to cherish! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Jensen for starting such a fun tradition! We miss you!



P.S. Jensens....YOU WERE MISSED!!! AND thanks Grandma and Pa Jones for letting us use your trailer AGAIN.

5 comments:

The Bailey's said...

girl I miss you already! You are so stinken hilarious! Always making me laugh. You just are that FUN! Looked like you had a blast and holy crap, Trevor is getting big.... that makes me sad. I miss those little guys! Miss playing cards with yall. cant wait til we live closer again and we can laugh it up!

Audra said...

Wow your boys are getting big!! We sure miss ya. We haven't been able to make it that way in forever..and it's looking like we won't be for anothe little while. Your family reunion looks like so much fun! Hope you guys are doing well. We need to get together if we ever make it over there.

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had so much fun!! We are having our family reunion in 2 weeks and we are in charge... hopefully it turns out good. It looks like all is going well. Your kids are really cute and growing so fast!

Auntie Gwen said...

How fun to see my adorable boys and mommie and daddie enjoying nature. That is the best. I hate it to not have been there to see Kobe with his yellow flowers and that Trevor's melting smile. I really miss you all and the events. Your final picture of mom and Dad and comments threw me. Bless your thoughtful heart. You get the picture! love ya forever. gg

Julie said...

Okay I do not know why I haven't gotten your blog address before now, I am a terribly inconsistent blog checker and desperatly behind on my own so that may have something to do with it! Anyways I have it now, hope that's okay! We sure need to get together. For being neighbors I sure don't see ya anymore, except for half a second on Sundays. Where have ya been? We need to get together for that BBQ and games still, I haven't forgotten! Let's do something soon...how do you feel about projects, I'm in a project mood are you in?