Monday, November 9, 2009

Betch'a want to be in MY CLUB!

So today i took the boys shopping to find their cousins "a.k.a. MY Boys", as Kobe would say, birthday presents. First stop the music store. Which went ok, we came out without breaking any instruments. CHECK CHECK! The imagination station was next door so I thought we would check it out. Well to kobe's excitement there was a train set you could play with. I pushed Trevor around in a toy wagon while Kobe played. Well it was time to go and YEP>>>> you can imagine what is coming next....

I had told Kobe we needed to get going and as As I was looking at a nearby toy I could hear a mom say, "let HIS mom worry/deal about him". I turned around to tell Kobe lets go and he was pushing a boy away from His toy that apparently the other boy -wanted or had. Well that just started the ball rolling. Next thing I know we are in a full Tantrum. Screaming he wanted to stay and play with the train. He was way past the "lets talk" point. Mind you I have Trevor buckled in wagon, trying to get Kobe out of the store AND I manage to forget my belt on my pants and with Kobe kicking I seemed to managing a THIRD problem of keeping my pants up. Did I mention Kobe waling all his body parts managed to connect his fist to my eye. Not so much hurting as was my eye freakin out cause all the lashes got clumped together(awkward/weird I know but it was making it hard to see with a blob in the corner of my eye, pants falling down and trying to figure out how to get a 1 year old wanderer and flailing 3yr old out of a story and into the car. Trevor has also got into copying everything that Kobe does, so he started crying. I finally threw Kobe over my shoulder once outside and put Trevor on the ground and tried to lead him while holding onto my finger. Somehow that didn't work out cause he manage to wiggle out of my hand and start walking away. For some reason it took three attempts to get Trevor over to the car and into his car seat. Meanwhile while getting Trevor buckled I was having to pin Kobe in between the car door and seat with my KNEE to keep him from running back into the store. I must have put on quite a show cause a lady in the car DRIVING by ask if I needed some help? NO SIGN NEEDED FOR THIS ONE.....We were flashing OUT OF CONTROLLLLLL! It is amazing how long it took to even do up the seat belt of a freak'n out three year old and how many times you have to pull over on the parking lot cause their determination can keep getting them. Eventually I held on to one of his feet while I was driving to keep him from sneaking out of the belt that was to my knowledge "escape free". Well he managed to sob all the way home getting louder as a I turned on the radio to drown him out. At home, time out tantrum boy eventually became quite. I thought with everything he might have fallen asleep.

Hour passed.....Kobe comes out as calm as could be, "Mom I wanted to play with the train. I need to tell that boy I'm sorry."..... Wow....I wish that would have happened while we were in the store. After our talk the verdict: no toys/movies tell Dad gets home. Be happy or no Birthday party.

Kobe eating lunch, "Mom i'm happy now. I can go to the party. We need to find that boy to tell him sorry. He has a house that is far away, we need to find it. I bet he has a grandma." Then after lunch, he was busy drawing smiley faces. Doesn't make you wander what the heck?

What are the chances it happens on my second attempt to go back out shopping? No, I'm not crazy enough to go back the same store!

(positive points) I'm Grateful For:
#1-I guess I should be lucky this hasn't happened before now. Not too bad for a three year old, I guess. Not listening is one thing, but this was A+ DRAMA!
#2-I stayed surprisingly cool (probably because I was in shock).
#3-At least I know what he would like for Christmas.
#4- I now can say I'm president of the "Tantrums Drama Club"

6 comments:

Bekah and Lance said...

Way to go you! I just can't wait until Carter's 3! :)

Kali Jo said...

oh man! I totally understand. We were in the parking lot and Linoln saw a bike stunt show. He also threw a fit when we had to go. I finally got him in by pinning him the same way you did. I had my nanny with me and I'm sure the lady in the parked car next to us thought me, the brunnet, and the mexican lady, (my nanny) were trying to kidnap the poor little blond kid screaming at the top of his lungs. When the lady pulled out her cell phone I really got worried cause she was staring at us and talking really fast. We madie it outta there but lincoln also screamed the whole way back to Am falls from pocatello. Great fun these kids are huh. gotta love em!

MJSheppard said...

Well here is another bonus...wait until your TEENAGER throws a tantrum and they are too big to contain... almost. Oh yah... momma's still got "it". Do not push me or else?

Tell Kobe that Melissa is so happy he was good and sorry because I would have missed him at the blast of a party tonight!!!

Kimberlee said...

Three is so worse than two.

Auntie Gwen said...

Oh, you can all enjoy it when an adult does that and you don't even have a chance to pin them. You walk away and act like you don't know them. I just loved my little ones costumes. They were a joy among the 100's of kids at the party. I wanted to spend more time with you, but someone has to keep the witches, goblins, supergirl, stinkers, darling giraffe hiper and having fun. love to my darlings. gg

Shine said...

Lol! I can't believe it! Someone else who understands terrible tantrums! Gotta admit, until I read this, I thought I was the president..... guess I'm just the VP of the Tantrums Drama Club! :) You're great! and I miss your guts! Way to stay so cool during the tantrum!