Monday, November 3, 2008

One Fun and Special Weekend



Halloween finally came and Kobe was so excited to finally dress up as a scary dragon. He was dressed up long before we took off the Burley. He could scare anyone with his dragon growl (or at least that is the sound we taught him). If you could look past the wedgie it gave him when he put the "head"on, it fit him perfect :) Trevor was a very cute cookie monster. We had fun at our ward party on Thursday. Kobe loved following the kids around the circle in the "ghost walk", but when the music stopped he just kept going. He didn't quite get it, that is until the one and only time he stopped on a picture and WON! Friday we went to the Hawkes' ward party with Sheppenhalls and Grandma Gwen. It was fun, except for now I was enjoying having an infected tooth and supersized combo headache to go with it that all started up late Thursday night. I guess I got the TRICK while everyone else enjoyed the TREATS. Pain meds were like candy! thanks to family i got part of it fix on Saturday by a nice dentist who made a special trip to his office, so I could semi-enjoy Sunday. Kobe had a great time passing out Grandma's trick-or-treating candy to the family around the room. Smart little wippersnapper some how could remember who had certain kinds of candy. He would pull out a Milky Way and say "Megan" and take it over to her, "snickers" were "Ryan"s. etc...Then he and his cousin Kendra (abt same age) would dump candy and the floor. She would then hand the candy to him and he would put it in the bucket. they did this a million times over. We all just enjoyed watching and laughing. It was fun to play with his other cousins.
Sunday was special. All the family came to Twin for Trevor's Blessing. Jason did a great job. We got some pictures after at our house, but luckily my battery DIED and poor Trevor was hungry, which put up a red flag for the pictures. Bummer! But the company and food was great in celebration. My mom added her special touch with a bootanier(sp), which had a piece of my wedding veil and leaves/flowers from my wedding bouquet. His shoes were too cute. She made the sweetest white blessing blanket, burp cloth AND car seat cover. She really went out of her way to make things special. YOU'RE THE BEST MOM!!!! It was great to have such great family support. GG and Papa were great to stay for blessing before they took off for Arizona. Jason and I were a great team staying up the night before till almost 1:00 trying to get food ready. I love my sweetheart and I'm so grateful for him and how he honors his priesthood. What a blessing and a great ending to a weekend!

6 comments:

The McBride Bunch said...

LOVE-LOVE-LOVE the pictures. Your costumes were so cute. Funny you mention wedgie-my friend had this same costume and had to show my his wedgie when they put his head on! Trevor looks absolutely handsome in his blessing outfit. he is such a cutie!
Love ya
lis

Audra said...

Aw. I started crying when I read this. :) Must be the hormones. LOL Anyway you all look great and sounds like you had a wonderful Halloween weekend!

Jen said...

Oh, he is such a sweet little guy. I feel a special spirit just looking at his picture.

Wendell Shantala said...

So cute so pricless so precious. love it.

Unknown said...

Ains, your family picture is adorable! What a good looking little family you have! Miss you tons roomie...oh and I remember when you started dating Jason...haha oh those were the days way back when.

CAINS said...

Oh my word, Ains!! Your boys are gorgeous!! Seriously! And, why do you look so good so soon after having a child?!?! There should be a law against that!