Sunday, February 22, 2009

And Who said ANNIVERSARIES can't be fun on a budget?!


So I would say I have one of the most CREATIVE husbands in the WORLD!!! This year was our 7th anniversary!!!and a memorable one at that. A couple of days prior to, Jason had asked me some questions, some based on some of my favorite places to spend or had spent with him. Some included going to Hawaii (could be fun), but that camping under the stars with a campfire is something I love to do and of course going to the Temple. So unfortunately I had planned poorly and was scheduled to worked on Friday. I tried to get an on-call the last part of the shift, but it ended up the first part and going in for the last 4 hours. So we hurried to Rupert where Grandma/pa Jones were bravely watching the boys over-night for us and then Jason dropped me off. Well...by the time Jason picked me up at 12:30 and arrived home to have Jason lead me "blindly into Trevor's room (not sure why at that point) so I could do a couple of things, we didn't actually get to start our date he had "planned" till 1:30 or so in the morning. That in it's self...he's a trooper. And due to the fact I had to work he had to "improvize". So our night (or morning that is) began by going to "HAWAII", he had one bathroom all set up with floating candles etc.(apparently his original idea was to go to a hot springs), next destination was the "BEACH" (kobe's room) and final stop....I was lead into the living room where he had pitched our tent a dozen red roses laying on our mattress and rose pedals leading the way. A bottle of sparkling cider, homemade cinnamon rolls and a fire (Well he had tried to find a mini fireplace , but had to settle for grouped candles). We completed the "morning" at this point it was 3:00 by watching FIREPROOF from inside the tent! I just loved every bit of it. The movie was a perfect touch!!!So we couldn't quite stay awake the whole movie at that point, but ended up watching it after we woke up. To finish off our time together, the next days plans were to go through a temple session (the only idea I knew he planned.) Well Jason thought why don't we see if they have any "sealing" openings. Awesome idea, well long story short...they were too busy and the apparently they didn't have us down for the 330 session and apparently it was "reserved" for a ward???? isn't this typical when your trying to go to the Temple. Well Jason promised me a date night Wednesday...Tiki is watching the kids and we'll do sealings. we'll see cause they said no appointment needed. ???? This time we'll just show up!!!It worked out that the Sheppard's brought the boys back and my parents came down that afternoon so we went to the home and garden expo, Johnny Carino's and back to our house to watch FIREPROOF again. It will be one anniversary to remember. I love you Jason. You really make me feel special with all the little things you do to make our relationship grow. Hopefully someday I'll gain a "Master's Degree" in You. Good thing I have the ETERNITY to work on it :)!!!! I Love You FOREVER!!!

10 comments:

The Ostheds said...

That is awesome! Your husband did a great job! Happy Anniversary!

Shine said...

Oh my gosh Jason! You get a gold star and the "Most Awesome Husband Award!" That is awesome! Way to go, sounds like ya'll had an awesome anniversary! Happy Day!

Jensen Family said...

What a man! That is so sweet, but I am sure you completely deserved every minute of it!

The McBride Bunch said...

My WORD-I am completely impressed that a MAN would come up with so much fun things and all by himself? Wow-he needs to give Brett a lesson in being creative! I bet you had a fabulous time and you so deserved to be spoiled! Happy Anniversary!
Lis

Joyfulmom8 said...

Aawwww! That's so awesome. What a great hubby you have. Happy anniversary!

The Bailey's said...

Holy crap he is a thinker, no seriously he is amazing, tell him he needs to give Eric some creative tips. And you know I am all about FIREPROOF, honestly did you ball? I cried like a school girl/

Kimberlee said...

HEY JASON!...get your hands off her tushy! :)

Happy Anniversary to the both of you. And way to go Jason. What a great guy.

And I have to say that I can't believe it has already been seven years.

MJSheppard said...

Still... MY husband loves me better than YOUR husband loves you. Neinner neinner neinner! We should hang out more! XOX Sista

Unknown said...

Cute cute cute! Good job Jason! Happy Anniversary you two. Congrats on the 7 years!!

Auntie Gwen said...

I have told you that Jason was a great catch! I am so proud of his ability to show you in such a sweet and fun way. And he still remains so after 7 years!!!Keep the fire burning. Love you both to pieces, and the boys too much!!!! Thanks for sharing the day with us. I love your company. Love Forever, GG