Sunday, February 21, 2010

Lov'n Day #19 and #20

There are many times throughout a marriage that are priceless. But nothing really compares to ALONE TIME! If there ever is such a thing. I applaud those couples that just get out, others put their kids to bed early to get such a time, but the reality for the rest of us....IT JUST AIN'T AND DON'T HAPPEN!
So I say HALLELUJAH when our anniversary time comes around. Cause lets face I kinda like my husband and we always could use a little time to ourselves. Funny how you still can talk about those cute little whipper snappers even when they aren't there :)
We appreciated Ryan and Meg so much for watching the Boys over night. Sis, I'm sure things would have been fine in your neck of the woods but lets face it you must have been relieved with what you have coming up on your plate.
Every year we alternate taking turns. This year it was my turn. I learned it's so stressful actually planning and trying to keep things A surprise.


My big surprise came earlier in the week with tickets to comedian in SLC. Jason loves a good laugh and after a friend suggest the idea, I hopped on it. Unfortunately, it's not till March , so I still had to come up with something local and fun to do....sO

Friday night we dropped the boys off and headed off to dinner first. I was starving and was so happy to think could actually sit with out food flying towards the neighbors, Trevor trying to weasel his way out of he high chair, and stares coming from neighbors smile and in the back of their mind thinking "would it be easier to order out?" Why yes it would but we like to make appearance in public every once in a while.
After dinner I hopped in the driver seat. Trying to disguise where we were headed. I had plans to go to Miracle Hot Springs and jump in one of their Private Pools. We both haven't done that before and i thought it would be nice and relaxing. After the Lady insisted that I didn't need reservations, we pulled to find there was a 45 MINUTE WAIT!!! Hum RESERVATION NOT NEEDED....THANKS! Although we drove all that way, we both looked at each other (I was mostly shivering uncontrollably) and said NAH. Then Jason remembered Thousand Springs had some too. I was bummed because I had brought candles to surround the pool and even had to buy Jason new swinshorts on the way out cause I couldn't find his for the life of myself and I very well couldn't ask him....so I was happy plan B worked. Plus it was a lot warmer even though I had looked forward to being open to the stars. I still light my candles and tried to stick close to the original plan.
After soaking up, Jason fell right into my plan when he said "now I'm ready for a dessert" I had already figured that 1- your always hungry after hanging out in the water and 2-By then your over stuffing yourself at dinner.
So we headed back to the house. Kobe was good to actually keep this sup rise to ourselves. I had transformed his room into a messauge Suite. I had tried to make these chocolate shelled mouse treats with fresh fruit topping and a chocolate pudding cake with strawberries and sparkling drink.
The evening was topped off by chill'n on the couch/bed watching a romantic comedy My Life in Ruins. I enjoyed laughing at at Jason's attempt to try to paint my toes.
Saturday....Slept in...got breakfast...and relaxed spending the morning in the Temple. One of the joys of being close. It was a special day of sealings and learning so much more. Nothing could ever beat the time a couple spends in the Temple together. It was the perfect icing on the cake to the weekend.
After we ran to Rupert and picked the kids (who of course missed us...did we ever leave?)and just hanged out with family.

I'm LOV'N My sweetheart! EIGHT years, it's amazing how fast time goes! OH How we have grown and together we are better. He is an amazing dad and still loves to show me that I'm his number one. He works hard to take care of us. I couldn't imagine things without him and I'm glad I don't .......IT'S FOREVER!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Sounds like you all had a blast!
Your not fooling us, we know those swim shorts never got used haha! The massage parlor looked awesome, you are way creative. I love that you made Jason paint your toes! Your such a cute couple, Happy 8th!!!

MJSheppard said...

How long must this party go on... :D I know, I'm jus'jealousssss. What a waste of swim trunk money!!! I agree with Julie, nice try though.